Gunner Gundersen posted this excellent list of ways to strengthen your prayer life, which are the notes from D.A. Carson’s A Call to Spiritual Reformation. My friend Brett already reposted it, but it was so good I figured I repost it here for all my readers (all three of you).
He has a way of being succinct with big truths:
- Time flies when you’re having fun, and when you’re wasting time.
- Just because you’ve always dreamed of doing something doesn’t mean you should do that something when the opportunity arises.
- The finding of balance is a great blessing, and a great problem.
- Write from your heart, not for your resumé.
- Diligent preparation separates the gifted from the great.
- Success is impossible without failure.
- Embarrassment is one handmaiden to learning.
- Avoiding hard teachers will get you better grades, and you will have your reward in full.
- The most contentious moral issues of our day are answered by the wonder, joy, and responsibility of family.
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.